CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Obama Cut File

I don't have time to get into how this file was created - at least not as in depth as I normally would! The fast version: I started off taking a photo of the poster that we got on Election Day. I used Paint.net to flat out erase most of the background, then converted the picture to grayscale by desaturating it. I imported it into Inkscape and with a little editing, came up with this file. It's my first attempt at a downloadable scut file, to be used with SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot). (By the way, the eye was not connected in the above file that I cut. I have since tweaked it so the file cuts as one piece.) TIP: The paper that's left after cutting would be a nice stencil for painting or etching! Leave a comment if you've found it useful, and let me know how you used it!

Click to download Obama.scut

0 comments: