CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spirograph for your Cricut (+SCAL)

Ok, I have a new word for all you crazy Cricut crafters out there. SPIRELLI. I had never heard of it but it's basically making a spirographical (hey, ANOTHER new word) embellishment with string. I saw it on a scrapbooking show I watch, Scrapbook Memories. Immediately I said, HEY, what a great item to make with the Cricut! I can point you to a few free templates and get you started.

Circle of Crafters has a couple of free printable templates....something that makes MY ears perk up as a Cricut owner with SCAL!

A UK site, Flying Pigs, has to be the best site I found while looking. The link is to a PDF that has directions for every kind of Spirelli design ever thought of! PLUS the templates!!! :D

http://www.karlum.com/ Has some really beautiful cards, some using Spirelli shapes. By accident, I found she has a great list of links to online templates that would work with the Cricut.

I even managed to find a Spirelli tutorial on Youtube, using a scallop punch! I have one available, so off to try it out! I just happened to find some beautiful royal blue metallic thread in my stash last night....
Happy Cutting!

0 comments: